Would you like to refresh your skin complexion?
Over time, your skin can change. It can start to loose its youthful look and give way to wrinkles, laxity and stretch marks. However, Carboxytherapy is a safe, non invasive technique that infuses carbon dioxide (CO2) just beneath your skin’s surface.
Thus, your body then responds by increasing the blood flow and growth factors to your face. This intern encourages capillary activity and provides a surge of oxygen and nutrients to your face. Carboxytherapy facials are suitable for both Men and Women.
What you will experience from your Carboxytherapy facial?
- To begin your Carboxytherapy facial, We will use a gentle cleansing foam, ready to prepare for an enzyme peel.
- The enzyme peel is a beautiful and gentle skin care product and helps to remove superficial layers of dead facial skin cells. It is suitable for all skin types and will leave your skin looking brighter, smoother and feeling softer.
- We will then apply the Carboxytherapy facial gel onto your facial skin. This will be followed by a face mask, which activates the Carboxytherapy process. You will hear a gentle fizzing sound and you might well feel an intense tingling sensation. This is perfectly natural and your therapist Ann, will then use some gentle hand pressure to encourage the gel to maintain contact with the skin. This sensation may last for up to a minute and then you will be left with a pleasant warm feeling on your face.
- Whilst you relax and enjoy the experience, you will be offered a gentle head massage. Ann has a good understanding of facial sculpting and body massage, so you will be in safe hand with her.
- And to finish off your Carboxytherapy session, your face will then be gently cleansed and toned before having eye and lip cream, moisturiser and SPF 30 factor applied to your face. This will protect you from getting any sun damage.
The skin care range used during this treatment is called Clinicare which is 100% vegan and suitable for people with sensitive skin.
Carboxytherapy is an exciting treatment, which helps with:
- Improving circulation
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve skin tone and texture (even reduce acne scars)
- Reduce dark under eye circles
Your Carboxytherapy facial is a stand alone treatment, but every single treatment will improve the results of the previous one.
Therefore we recommended having regular treatments to maintain the results:
- Age 50+ every 3-4 weeks
- Age 40+ every 4-6 weeks
- Age 20-40 every 6-8 weeks
Answers to some questions you may have
- Can I have other treatments alongside my Carboxytherapy facial? No, other than some blue or red light LED therapy.
- How long do I wait after having other facial treatments? Between 1 and 2 weeks depending on which treatment you have previously had. Your therapist will discuss this with you.
- Can this treatment be used on any other areas of the body? Yes.
- Would this treatment help me with my Acne? Yes, as long as you do not have any open wounds or inflammatory acne on your face. Monthly hormonal outbreaks can be treated.
- Is this treatment suitable for diabetics? Because this is a topical treatment and we are not breaking the skin, this should not be a problem. Please check with your consultant/Diabetic nurse/ GP beforehand to check that your Diabetes is controlled and they are happy for you to book this treatment.
- Would this treatment be suitable for a pregnant or breast feeding ladies? The majority of pregnant and breast feeding ladies do have hyper sensitive skin, therefore it is not suitable for you.
- I am 16yrs old. Is this treatment suitable for me? No not really. This is really more for the person with a more mature skin.
- I have heard that Carboxytherapy is injected into the skin. Is this true? Carbon dioxide gas can be run through a flow regulator and then injected beneath the skin through a small needle. This procedure is performed by a physician to treat stretch marks, cellulite, poor circulation and alopecia. We do not offer this kind of treatment at The Hub.
- How long must I wait before I can expose my face to the sun? So, are you going to fly to a sunny climate? If so please leave it at least 5 days before you expose your skin to intense sun and use SPF 50. Both Caroline and myself will permanently remind you about the importance of using a daily SPF.