1 hour treatment £35.00
Here at the Hub, we offer the Swedish massage, also known as the ‘classic’ massage, which is commonly known as the most widely recognized form of massaging.
How does Swedish Massage work?
Swedish massage consists of five strokes which all bring different benefits-
Effleurage (sliding or gliding)
- stimulates the nerves in the tissues worked
- stimulates blood supply to the tissues worked
- facilitates cleansing of the skin
- relaxes muscle fibres
- reduces muscle tension
- stimulates the skin
- improves muscle tone
- improves the elimination of waste products from tissues
Tapotement (rhythmic tapping)
- stimulates the skin and muscle reflexes
Friction (cross fiber), vibration/shaking.
- sedates the nervous system
- helps alleviate pain
- stimulates organs like the intestines when applied to the abdomen or low back, or to relax muscles. What we’re doing here is either one or two handed (hand over hand)
Usually, in the process, the therapist lubricates the skin with massage oil and performs the strokes. As the movements warm up the muscles, tension is released. Muscle knots called ‘adhesions’ are then gradually broken up.
We usually offer Swedish massage from £30.00, unless there’s an offer on.
- Effective at releasing anxiety
- Reduces symptoms of stress and depression
- Promotes better sleep (therefore making your body healthier)
- Functioning of inner systems is encouraged
- Helps flush lactic acid and uric acid from muscles
- Increased flexibility
- Enhances tissue elasticity
- Increases oxygen in bloodstream
- Decreases toxins
- Enhanced joint movement
- Relieves muscle pain
- Relieves osteoarthritis symptoms
- Massage therapist: Amy and Caroline
We also offer other forms of massage: –